- 2 slices of aged cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I used Rudi’s for the boys and Ezekiel for me)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- a small handful of arugula
- 2 thin slices of golden delicious apple (or your favorite variety)
- cracked black pepper
Preheat your skillet. While it’s warming up brush the bottom of each slices of bread with a little olive oil and sprinkle with cracked black pepper and oregano. Place the bread in the skillet olive oil side down. Pile on the cheese, apples and arugula and sprinkle with a little more black pepper and oregano. Place the second piece of bread on top so you can see the olive oil side. Warm until the cheese starts to melt. Flip and brown the other side. Serve with a small salad or tomato soup drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
That’s it. Quick, easy and bursting with flavor.