Last month, Oral-B asked me to try their Professional Healthy Clean Precision 1000™ toothbrush. My dentist recently suggested I use a pulsating, electric brush to help break up coffee and tea stains on the back of my teeth. He also thought it would help get around and under the permanent retainer on my bottom teeth. Glamorous I know! I’d purchased a $15 version at Target and noticed that it was gentler on my gums, but it wasn’t helping with the stains and I was still struggling to get dental floss around my bottom teeth or using a little scraper tool to compensate. Needless to say, I was happy to give the Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean Precision 1000™ a try.
Oral-B claimed it could clean up to 5X better at the gumline. I can’t specifically measure my results, but here’s what I experienced after using it for two weeks:
- The stains on my teeth started to break up and diminish after just a few uses. They are now completely gone.
- I used to use a scraper on my teeth every night to help remove plaque where the floss was hard to use because of my retainer. After about a week, I noticed the scraper was coming away clean. The Oral-B was definitely breaking up more plaque at the gumline.
- My teeth feel cleaner. I don’t know how to describe it, but I’ve suddenly turned into one of those people in the toothpaste commercials who are always running their tongue over their teeth to feel how smooth and clean they are.
- I’m doing a lot less work to get a cleaner and brighter smile.
I honestly didn’t expect the type of toothbrush I used to make a big difference, but I’m so glad I discovered the Oral-B Healthy Clean. It’ll be making an appearance in a number of Christmas stockings around here this year.
A few other helpful facts:
- The Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean Precision 1000 is a rechargeable toothbrush with replaceable brush heads.
- It beeps every 30 seconds to let you know it’s time to change to the next quadrant of your mouth.
- It lets you know when the recommended two-minute brushing time is up – very helpful.
- The indicator bristles let you know when it’s time to change the brush head.
- There are three modes on the toothbrush – daily clean, sensitive and whitening. You can choose based on your personal needs.
- There are multiple brush heads to choose from including one for braces, one for cleaning between teeth (for crowns and implants), one for whitening and one for sensitive teeth. Something for everyone!