We love to juice. Since we started, back in November, we have continuously learned and experienced a number of exciting health benefits. Most recently, we learned that chlorophyll from plants acts as a natural deodorizer in our bodies. It helps manage bad breath and body odor. It eliminates odors in the mouth and throat when you drink it. But more importantly, it contributes to a healthy digestive tract, which is where bad breath actually comes from.
There are lots of other health benefits that come from chlorophyll and juicing, including:
- Chlorophyll helps increase the quantity and quality of our red blood cells.
- Chlorophyll has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Chlorophyll helps our bodies fight infection and heal wounds.
- Chlorophyll binds to and helps remove toxic heavy metals, like mercury, from our bodies.
- Chlorophyll has an alkalizing affect on the body, which promotes overall health.
How do you get more chlorophyll – drink green juice you juice at home! Here is the recipe we made this morning that everyone loved!
Morning Juice to Fight Bad Breath
- 1 cucumber, washed
- 2 -3 large handfuls of spinach, kale or mixed greens, washed
- 1 large slice of watermelon
- 4-6 strawberries, washed
Directions: Run them through the juicer and enjoy immediately.
We keep a bottle of liquid chlorophyll from Nature’s Sunshine in our fridge all the time. We add a teaspoon a day to our juices or drink it straight for the added health benefits. It’s mint flavored so the taste is pretty neutral. It’s not delicious, but it’s not bad either
Do you juice? What your favorite green juice recipe?