I love this recipe because it’s quick and easy but full of flavor. It’s also easy to customize to meet a variety of food likes and dislikes.
- 4 pieces of white fish (I used tilapia)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 sweet peppers (I used red and yellow)
- chili powder
- sea salt
- black pepper
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and pat the fish dry. Place it in a glass baking dish and drizzle with grapeseed oil. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with seasonings. I didn’t include amounts because it really depends on how spicy you like your fish. I go a little heavier on the chili powder and black pepper on the adult pieces and lighter for the kids. Wash your peppers, chop and remove the seeds. Toss them on top of the fish. Bake for about 8 minutes then flip and bake an additional 8 minutes. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. I use my fork to break it into large chunks and place it on a serving plate.
Lime Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- Juice of 1/3 of a lime
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a small cup with a fork and place in a serving dish.
- 8 organic non-GMO corn tortillas
- chopped lettuces (use whatever you like)
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (sliced into thirds)
- 1/3 small red or yellow onion (diced)
- Goat cheese or raw shredded cheese
- cilantro (chopped)
Place all the ingredients out on serving plates and set them out on the table. Let your family build their own fish tacos.
It’s pretty simple. I did all the chopping and mixed the yogurt sauce in the time it took to cook the fish. Light, easy, fast and healthy.