I eat this for lunch at least twice a week. It’s quick and easy to make and you can use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- 1/4 cup of quinoa cooked to package instructions
- 1/4 cup of chopped veggies (raw)
- 1/4 cup of beans (can substitute white fish or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese (substitute another soft cheese or shredded raw cheese)
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
Cook quinoa to package instructions. While quinoa is cooking wash and chop veggies and pull out your spices. When your quinoa is ready transfer to a serving plate. Top with veggies, beans, and goat cheese. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and tamari and add seasonings to taste. Mix it all together. The hot quinoa will lightly warm the veggies, but you will still get all the nutritional value of eating them raw.
This is a great way to up your daily vegetable intake and it works with a large variety of vegetables. Bell peppers, kale, tomatoes, squash, and broccoli are some of my favorites. This is light, but I always feel full and energized when I eat it.
What veggies would you put in a quinoa bowl?