Fill a mason jar about 3/4 of the way with baking soda. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and set it out in any room. The baking soda works to absorb any unwanted odors while the the essential oil slowly releases it’s magic into the room. You can choose your oil by scent or by the desired effect. Below are some of my favorite scents.
- Lemon – Has a light, clean aroma that’s stimulating and refreshing – perfect for the kitchen!
- Cinnamon – One of my favorite fall scents. I use it in the living room, especially when we’re having company. It’s spicy aroma is warm and comforting.
- Grapefruit – A favorite for a guest bathroom when we’re having company. It’s aroma is uplifting and refreshing. A great way to start the day.
- Peppermint – Love for the holidays! The scent is invigorating and warming and brings up sweet holiday memories.
- Pine needles – It’s aroma is know to act as a household deodorizer. The scent is revitalizing and it’s a great way to introduce the smell of Christmas all winter long.
If you have young children at home do a little research before choosing your oil. Some can be irritating, especially to those under two. Remember, a little goes a long way.
If you like this, check out my stove top air freshener for your next holiday party!