Like tomatoes, eggplants are a bright, beautiful fruit that most of us refer to as a vegetable (me included) and they’re in season for awhile longer. If you’ve never tried eggplant or haven’t made it a regular on your family’s meal plan here are 5 good reasons to do it now along with a few fabulous recipes to get your started.
1. Eggplants are packed with vitamins and minerals adding vital nutrients to your meal.
2. Eggplant has a rich meatiness that makes it a great staple for a meatless monday recipe or any other vegetarian based dish.
3. It’s incredibly versatile thanks to the spongy texture that soaks up your favorite flavorings and marinades.
4. Research indicates that eggplant may help prevent cancer and lower cholesterol thanks to antioxidants and other healthy compounds like Nasunin, Chlorgenic Acid and Fiber.
5. It’s just plain delicious!
Try one of these fabulous recipes or share one of your own with us!