My husband is a big fan of fried rice and I’ll admit, I like it more than a little. But I rarely eat it and I’ve never tried to make it home – until the other day. I had a rotisserie chicken I had broken up into pieces and stored in the fridge and I was craving an Asian inspired dish. I also had some wheat-free, organic Tamari soy sauce and a bag of frozen mixed veggies so I started to think…chicken fried rice. Only problem, I didn’t have any rice. But I did have quinoa. It sounded like the makings of a healthy, quick, chicken fried rice and it was.
Here’s the recipe. Let me know if you try it.
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa (cooked according to directions on the box)
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies (you can use any veggies really, fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups Eden Organic wheat-free tamari soy sauce
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed coconut oil
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Melt 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed coconut oil and add 1 bag of frozen veggies. Once the veggies start to warm add two eggs scrambled and stir continously until eggs are completely cooked and scrambled (about 5 minutes). Add the cooked and drained quinoa and 3/4 cups of Eden Organic wheat-free tamari soy sauce. Warm through and serve hot with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste. (Served 4)
My photo doesn’t do this meal justice. I had it for dinner and then again for lunch the next day and I can’t wait to make it again!