As the Christmas cards start rolling in, here are a few ideas to recycle all those beautiful cards and photos and make your holidays a little more eco-friendly.
The first idea is courtesy of Joreen at Tiny Prints .
- “One thing my family does with old Christmas cards is we cut the photo out and save it. My mother has actually framed some of them too!”
- Create custom gift tags by cutting out the scenes from old Christmas cards, punching a hole and stringing it onto your packages with ribbon or string. Just make sure the back is blank so you can write a personal message.
- Send your old cards to St. Jude’s Ranch for their Recycled Card Program.
- Cut out photos and designs to use on your holiday scrapbook pages.
- Simply drop them in your recycle bin instead of your trash bin.
Do you save or recycle your old Christmas cards? What other creative ideas do you have for reusing Christmas items?