This is my absolute favorite chili. It’s loaded with veggies and it includes one of my favorite cooking ingredients – red wine! Try this one out for a tailgate or girls night in.
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of expeller pressed coconut oil
- 2 cans organic kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine (I used a cabernet I had on hand)
- 1 lb. cooked turkey or grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions: Saute peppers, onion and garlic in coconut oil for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients including the cooked meat. Bring all ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with goat’s milk yogurt or sour cream. I also like crumbled goat cheese and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro on top. Great Sunday footbal food!